Maybe you went blueberry picking over the weekend. Maybe you purchased them at a great deal. Or someone gave them to you. Or you were lucky enough to come by them at the food cupboard. Maybe you have too many blueberries, and you can’t use them up fast enough.
Did you know that blueberries are very high ranking on the antioxidant scale, making them one of the healthiest foods around?
Here are some ideas to help you to use up all of those blueberries:
- Add a handful to your muffin or bread mix.
- Make blueberry pancakes.
- Mush them up and add them to your French toast.
- Add a handful to your smoothies.
- Add some to a cake batter.
- Make a berry salad.
- Use in place of strawberries in short cakes.
- Add to fruit salads.
- Put some into a vegetable salad.
- Top cereal, yogurt or oatmeal with a handful.
- Make blueberry jelly.
- Make a blueberry sauce.
- Make blueberry syrup.
- Top crepes with whipped topping and blueberries.
Do you have any other ideas?