Today I made a soup for my nephew. He liked it very much, and it was very filling for him.
It was made solely from food we received from the food cupboard, in an effort to use them up before they went bad. I don’t have to often, but sometimes I make a trip to the food cupboard to help make ends meet. Given the choice, I might pick up a can of low-sodium soup.
This meal was free.
Serves 2-4 people, depending on what is served with it.
1 can condensed tomato soup, plus 1 can of water
1 tomato, chopped (from our garden)
1 small zucchini, peel left on, sliced into circles and then cut into fourths.
1 small can carrots, drained
- Empty the can of soup into a pot, adding a can of water.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in the pot.
- Heat through, stirring every so often until done, and serve.
- Use whatever vegetables you can come up with.
- If buying the soup, buy store brand or on sale with a coupon when possible. This will help you to save money.