I used to do snack platters when I babysat during the summer months. They are very easy to create, and I would have the younger daycare children help me as much as possible.
They had a lot of fun, and we had the platters ready and on the picnic table for the older children when they got here from their day camp. It was great to have these platters ready for them after they attended sports camp all day, then walked to my home from the bus drop-off site.
slices of precooked turkey and chicken
cubed watermelon, honey-dew, and cantaloupe
strawberries and blueberries
grapes, cut in fourths if small children will be consuming them
almond or cashew butter for dipping
- Roll the cheese slices and meat slices up and poke a toothpick through each roll. Put on the platter.
- Add a small bowl of nut butter, then place the melon cubes around them.
- Add the stuffed celery and carrot sticks to the platter.
- Rinse the berries and sprinkle them around on the platter.
- Try using different types of fruits and vegetables.
- Best served outside, and to have a pitcher of something cold to drink available.