I regularly come up with ideas for making soup more wholesome. I do this very cheaply, either by using leftovers or by purchasing items on sale. Sometimes, the entire meal is free. This happens when everything has come from the food cupboard and/or friends, or my garden.
Tomato soups are easy to make.
Try this variation:
1 can tomato soup
1 can milk or water
- Cook the broccoli and carrots in a sauté pan with a little EVOO until almost tender to the fork.
- Pour a can of tomato soup, 1 can of water or milk, and the vegetables into a saucepan.
- Warm on medium heat until the soup is at the desired temperature for eating.
- Pour into soup bowls and serve.
- Try other vegetable combinations.
- Serve with a side salad.
What interesting things do you do with tomato soup?