I wanted share another soup idea with you today, again using tomato soup as the base. Tomato soup is high in sodium, so you may want to try to find a brand with less sodium for optimal health effects.
I regularly come up with ideas for making soup more wholesome. I do this very cheaply, either by using leftovers or by purchasing items on sale. Sometime, the entire meal is free. This happens when everything has come from the food cupboard and/or friends or my garden.
Tomato soups are easy to make
Try this variation:
1 can tomato soup
1 can milk or water
- If you don’t want the celery to be crunchy, then sauté it in a skillet with EVOO until almost the desired tenderness.
- Pour the can of tomato soup into a sauce pan.
- Add 1 can of water or milk alternative, the peas, and the celery to the pan.
- Cook until the soup is the desired temperature.
- Pour into soup bowls or mugs, and serve.
- Try various vegetable combinations to find your favorites.
- Serve with a side salad.
What interesting things do you add to your tomato soup?