You may realize by now that we love tomato soup. It’s great on the chillier days that we’re still having, especially after a walk or yard work.
I regularly come up with ideas for making soup more wholesome. I do this very cheaply, either by using leftovers or by purchasing items on sale. Sometime, the entire meal is free. This happens when everything has come from the food cupboard and/or friends or my garden.
Tomato soups are easy to make
1 can tomato soup
1 can milk or water
fresh basil, chopped
- Make the soup according to the directions on the can.
- Pour into a soup bowl or a mug.
- Top with the diced vegetables and the fresh basil.
The vegetables added to not always need to be hot, and this was a pleasant variation.
- Try other vegetable combinations, remembering that you don’t always have to cook the add-ins.
- Serve soups with a side salad for more of a nutritional kick.
What interesting things do you add to your tomato soup?