On page 133 of the Amy Dycyzynz book The Complete Tightwad Gazette, she discusses the art of leftover wizardry. This is an important concept when trying to live frugally.
She mentions things like:
- Using leftovers for lunches.
- Keeping a soup container in the freezer.
- Pot luck nights.
When freezing leftovers, I tend to do three things:
- Freeze leftover vegetables in 1 container.
- Freeze leftover meats in another container.
- Freeze vegetable, meat and pasta juice in another container.
With these three containers of food, I can make a variety of foods:
- Cat Stew (for our kitties)
- Mini meatloaf
What ideas can you come up with?