I do not eat tuna often. Those little cans of tuna and water can be quite expensive, and I’m not sure which ones have the lowest mercury levels. However, when I do pick up a can of tuna, I prepare mine with no mayo or other dressing. I can’t stand that stuff. This is how enjoy mine.
1 can tuna, drained
1 cup shredded cabbage
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 tomato, diced
- Simply mix everything together and it is ready to eat.
- Any vegetables can be used.
- Use leftovers where possible to save money.
- Use other canned meats if tuna is not available.
- Use a variety of different vegetables.
- This salad is good with a baked cheese sandwich and tomato soup.
- Serve with a vegetarian lasagna.
How would you serve this salad?