I love soups on chilly days, and this is an easy one to prepare. Look for sales on the kielbasa, as it can be expensive. You can easily throw a bunch of packages of this meat into the freezer for later use. Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits to cook with. This soup can be the main attraction, but could also be a side.
1 large can pineapple chunks, or 1 fresh pineapple
1 kielbasa, cut into bite size pieces
- Put the pineapples into the slow cooker. If it is canned pineapple, the juice can go in with it.
- Add the kielbasa and then enough water to fill the slow cooker 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or on high 4 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, add some parsley.
- Purchase store brand canned pineapple to save money.
- Serve this soup with a side salad.