This is a simple way to prepare roasted potatoes to use as a side dish, or a snack. I don’t use a special type of potato for any of my recipes. Whatever is on hand at the time that I need them is what I go with.
extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the potatoes and cut out bad parts, leaving as much of the peel as possible intact.
- Cut them into bite size pieces and place them in a baking dish.
- Cover with a little oil, and grind some sea salt over them.
- Bake at 350 to 400 degrees until easily pierced by a fork, about 1 hour.
- Potatoes are usually cheap, but the oil and sea salt are not. Use coupons or look for sales to save money.
- Serve as a replacement for fries.
- Serve with steak and a side salad.