I love trail mixes. They are easy to make, store, and to carry with you for a quick snack anytime. This is the latest combination of ingredients I’ve been enjoying.
yogurt covered raisins
dried apple slices
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Store in serving size containers or quart size canning jars.
- To save money, use store brand products whenever possible.
- Drying your own fruit will enable you to save even more money.
- Serve at lunch with fresh vegetable sticks and a hard-boiled egg or two.
Note: I know the yogurt covered raisins aren’t the healthiest, but I don’t think it is necessarily bad to treat yourself once-in-a-while. You just don’t want to make a habit of it.