I love cheesecake, though I make it all of 3 times a year — if that. I don’t usually use toppings, but there are a number of them that would be good on the recipe that I use.
- Arrange blueberries in the shape of a star.
- Slice strawberries and use them to line the edges of the cheesecake. Add a dollop of coconut cream to the center, and sprinkle blueberries over the topping for a patriotic look.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips or M&M’s over the top of the cake.
- Halve cherries and mix them with whipped topping. Spread this over the top.
- Banana slices would top a cheesecake nicely.
- Crushed candy bar can be sprinkled over the top. Try a Snickers bar, or a Score bar.
- Reese’s Peaces or Skittles could also be sprinkled over the top.
- Hot fudge or caramel topping is good spread in a thin layer over the top.
- Try crumbling a brownie over the top of the cheesecake.
- Crushed pineapple of berries would be good spread over the top.
Share your favorite cheesecake toppings with us in the comments for this post.
UPDATE: This cheesecake is not going to be healthy no matter what toppings you use. This is why I don’t make it often. But a treat once in a while, especially at the holidays, is nice.
UPDATE 2016: One of the cheesecakes in the feature photo is topped with dollops of whipped cream, half squares of Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate, and a drizzle of Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup. The other is topped with dollops of whipped cream, peppermint Hershey’s Kisses, and shaved chocolate.