My mom is picking vegetables left and right from her garden. Two weeks ago she told me they were filling their cupboards and freezer with all they will need for the winter before giving any to me, my sister, and brother. Last week, she sent up a huge head of cabbage, a bag of small cucumbers, and a bag of green beans. All very yummy. Soon we will have zucchini!
Fresh Garden Salad
section of cabbage
handful of green beans
1 to 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the vegetables well.
- Shred the cabbage and place in a bowl.
- Chop the cucumber and add it to the bowl.
- Snap the end off each bean, break into pieces and add to the bowl. Mix everything well and dish up.
- Add oil to the top of each salad and mix to coat.
- Use whatever vegetables are abundant from the garden.
- Use an herb flavored oil.
- This salad would go well with soup.