One-pan meals can be made using a variety of meats, including ham, turkey and ground beef. Venison is a good option as well. Deer and moose meat will both work. For this recipe you might use either, or even a combination.
1 to 2 cups of venison
1 cup chopped sweet potato
1 cup chopped squash
1 can corn, drained
sage or parsley
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the meat and vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally until everything is warmed through.
- Turn the burner to low and sprinkle an herb over the mixture. Warm until cheese is melted.
- Use produce from your own garden to save money, or buy store brands.
- Rosemary is another herb option.
- Sea salt and pepper can also be used.
- Pumpkin pie is a wonderful dessert type for this dish.
- Venison Helper (frugalrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Hearty Venison Soup (frugalrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Venison and Vegetable Soup (frugalrecipes.wordpress.com)