While following the Whole30, I have to come up with new recipes. I love burgers, but am unable to have cheese, condiments, or buns. I was still craving a burger though.
I went grocery shopping today and purchased a pound of ground beef. Once home, I combined the beef with a few other ingredients and made some mini burger patties.
By the way, at Wal-Mart it is cheaper to buy a pound of ground beef rolled in plastic than it is to purchase it on a styrofoam tray wrapped in plastic. I used a small carrot and an egg that I had leftover from last week. I also already had the oil on hand.
Why mini patties? Because, when working the day shift, I have to split breakfast between 2 mini meals due to time restraints, and these with a veggie will also make a great post workout mini meal.
1 pound ground beef
1 small carrot, shredded thin – not a baby carrot, bigger
a little shredded raw sweet potato – about the same amount as the carrot
- Place the ground beef in a bowl.
- Crack an egg over the beef.
- Add the shredded vegetables.
- Mix everything together well.
- Form mini burger patties and place on a plate.
- Grind garlic over the top of the mini patties.
- Warm oil on med-high heat.
- Place the burger patties in the pan, and allow to cook until browned.
- Turn the patties, using the grinder to add a little more garlic powder. Cook until done.
- Purchase ground beef on sale if possible.
- Try using other types of vegetables the next time you make this. Maybe zucchini and broccoli.
- Serve these patties with fresh spinach and celery.
Enjoy! And let me know what you are mixing in with your ground beef 🙂