Another Whole30 recipe. I made this one the other night, enough to have leftovers for another meal. I make enough leftovers of most things for at least one meal, so that I am not doing as much cooking on work days. I do most cooking on my days off. It just makes my days go easier.
This was a simple recipe to create.
1 carrot, rinsed and cut into small pieces
1 large sweet potato, rinsed and skin left on
shredded leftover chicken, as much as you want
- Put a little sesame oil into a skillet and warm on medium heat.
- Place the pieces of carrot in the pan and cook while the potato is ‘baking’.
- Place the sweet potato onto a plate and put into the microwave. Cook for about 6 minutes.
- Remove the potato and plate from the microwave. Cut the potato into pieces, skin and all. BE CAREFUL: The potato is very hot.
- Add the potato and chicken to the skillet.
- Pour a little broth over the mixture in the pan. You may have to do this every so often.
- Cook until the potatoes and carrots are mashable.
- Mash everything together.
- When reheating, add a little coconut milk and mix up. Not much is needed.
- Grow your own produce to save money.
- Using leftover chicken also saves you money. However, canned chicken can be used, liquid and all. You wont need as much broth if you use this product.
- Serve with carrot, celery, and cucumber sticks, and a lemon rosemary dipping oil.
- Shepherd’s Pie Variations (frugalrecipes.wordpress.com)