Snacks for work need to be easy to grab. I don’t want to waste time in the morning, making something and packing it up. Trail mixes are good options for me.
I’m always coming up with different trail mix ideas for this purpose. Dried fruits and seeds make up the bulk of my trail mixes, and go with my Paleo way of eating. (Remember me posting recipes for the whole30. Paleo is the next step for me. A new way of eating that is making me healthier and aiding in my weight loss efforts.) A variety of nuts can also be added but, if you are living Paleo, remember that peanuts are not nuts. They are legumes and are best avoided.
I store my trail mixes in glass jars that I purchased jellies and fruits in, or in small canning jars. This way, I’m not wasting plastic baggies. The jars last for years, so they are not going into a landfill right after I use up the product I purchased. I wash them out, and place on a shelf until needed.
This is a simple recipe that will only take a minute to mix up.
Banana Chip Trail Mix
1 cup dried banana chips
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Measure out each ingredient into a small mixing bowl.
- Mix it all up.
- Scoop into jars, cover, and place on a shelf in the pantry.
- Save money by combining coupons and sales.
- Drying your own fruit will save you even more money.
- This recipes serves as a great stand-alone snack.
- Pair with a grilled chicken salad at lunch and vegetables sticks.