I love fruit 🙂 Once in a while I make a salad consisting mainly of some type of this delicacy. The other night I created this one. It’s sweet, but the seeds help to add another important flavor. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.
Three servings were made from the one salad, though one of the servings could have been split to make another. I had one serving as a snack, one as a side for the next days lunch, and the other for a side to that day’s dinner.
Cinnamon-Coconut Fruit Salad
Makes 3-4 servings.
1 apple, cored, and chopped into bite size pieces
1 orange, peeled, sectioned, and chopped into bite size pieces
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, 2 tablespoon of juice reserved (Use the rest in a smoothie.)
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- Combine the fruit in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add the pineapple juice, unsweetened shredded coconut, and sunflower seeds and mix well.
- Divide the fruit salad between 3 or 4 bowls, and sprinkle each serving with cinnamon.
- Nature’s Place makes an exceptional organic cinnamon. (No, they are not paying me to say this.)
- Purchase store brand products when possible to save money.
- Serve this alongside a salad of spinach, coleslaw mix, and sliced hard boiled eggs.