I’m still trying to work recipes into something I can eat with my new lifestyle. In case you are unaware, I’m trying to live a Paleo lifestyle. At least mostly ;-). It’s not always easy for me to stick to this 100%, but it is getting easier.
I drink A LOT of water, but sometimes it just is not what I want. Mind you, I don’t even like the taste of water. But I bought myself a purifying pitcher and deal. I also drink a lot of hot tea, and iced tea on occasion. Sometimes I want something a little different, though. Not often, but sometimes. Lemonade is something I’ve tweaked successfully.
1 gallon of water
1 or 2 lemons
honey to taste
- Pour water into a pitcher.
- Squeeze 1/2 cup of lemon juice from the lemons, after cutting them in half.
- Add honey to taste, and some fresh mint leaves, and stir. Start with 1/8th of a cup.
- Cut the lemons into slices and place in glasses, and add ice.
- Pour the lemonade over the ice and lemon slices and serve.
- Use organic lemons when possible.
- Grow your own mint for minimal cost.
- You can even grow a lemon tree, but this takes time.
- Raw honey is the healthiest.
- Add sliced strawberries to the pitcher and allow to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Serve during a barbecue or picnic.
You may also enjoy: