And another salad recipe. I just love salads! I don’t eat most of my vegetables cooked, so salads work well for me 🙂 There are so many possible combinations… I can remember going to camp as a child, picking berries in the vast field surrounding it. I have fond memories of my times at camp.
(serves 2-3) (meant to be eaten immediately)
1/2 cup fresh, chopped spinach
1 cup berries, any type or a combination
1 large banana
- Rinse the berries well. Pat dry with a towel.
- Slice strawberries, if needed.
- Place the berries in a bowl.
- Peel and slice the banana, and add the slices to the bowl of berries.
- Add the chopped spinach.
- Toss the berries and bananas in the bowl, and serve.
- Berries can be grown in your yard, or in pots, to aid you in saving money.
- Serve with eggs and sausage at breakfast.
- This salad will go great with a vegetable and meat based soup at lunch.