I like to try different salad recipes throughout the spring and summer months, mainly because I prefer to cook less 🙂 I especially love going to farmer’s Markets and roadside stands for their fresh produce. During last weekend’s trip to the farmer’s market, I picked up some summer squash and cucumber, and my boss was kind enough to share some of the kohlrabi from his own garden.
I, of course, made a salad.
- Rinse all the vegetables. Pat dry with a towel.
- Peel and slice the kohlrabi and the summer squash, and place into a bowl.
- Break the lettuce up into bite size pieces and put into the bowl.
- Add the spinach.
- Slice the cucumber, and add them along with the grape tomatoes to the bowl.
- Toss the salad to mix.
- Try different types of lettuce.
- Grow as much of your produce as possible.
- Serve with burgers and oven baked sweet potato fries.