Now that Halloween is over, we start looking ahead to Thanksgiving, and even to Thanksgiving leftovers! There are so many ways to use these leftovers, that’s best to plan ahead. Make more of everything than you cook, and you’ll be able to experiment with new recipes to your heart’s content.
leftover roasted squash, diced
1/4 to 1/2 lb bacon
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Melt the oil in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Chop the bacon and add to the pan, frying until almost done.
- Add the turkey and squash and heat until almost warmed through.
- Top with chopped, fresh parsley, then crack the eggs over the ingredients in the pan.
- Cover and cook until eggs are done. Sunny side up with runny yolks is my favorite.
- Grow your own parsley on a windowsill to save money on this meal. Herbs are expensive.
- Try other herbs, also grown in-home, such as basil or oregano.
- Farm fresh eggs taste the best, but do cost more. This may not make a difference if everything else is leftovers.
- This is great served in the morning with a fruit cocktail or homemade chunky applesauce.
- You could also serve this dish at lunch or dinner with a pickle salad or lettuce/cabbage bowls.