Lettuce wraps are something I tried a few months back. I mainly use the lettuce leaves for wrapping salads to enjoy at work. However, I thought this would be an idea to use in the fall for heartier meals. What can you think up to put in lettuce wraps?
Lettuce Wrapped Turkey and Sweet Potato
1 cup diced leftover turkey
1 cup diced leftover baked or roasted sweet potato
4 lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the turkey and potato, cooking until just warmed through. Stir occasionally.
- Place a 2 leaves of lettuce on each of 2 plates.
- Spoon the turkey and potato mixture evenly over the 4 leaves.
- Wrap the leaves around the mixture. Serve.
- Use the rest of the lettuce to make a simple salad, adding slices of cucumber and a diced tomato. This can be used as the base for your next meal if you add some leftover turkey.