These meals are so easy to make, and affordably so when using Thanksgiving leftovers. You could use pretty much any ingredients you like to create a meal like this.
Turkey and Sausage One Pan Meal
1/2 cup diced leftover turkey
1/2 lb ground mild sausage
1 or 2 diced leftover roasted or baked sweet potato
freshly chopped parsley
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and cook until almost done, stirring occasionally.
- Add the turkey, potato and parsley, cooking until warmed through. Stir every so often.
- The sausage may seem costly, but you will get two meals from it. And the overall cost of this meal will be low because of the use of leftovers.
- Grow your own parsley to save even more money.