We are all looking to save money where possible, and food is a good place to start. By getting our grocery bills under control, we can more easily distribute money where it has to go: On bills, clothing, and education, for instance. Here are some tips for saving money in the kitchen:
- Use your leftovers! Try not to throw anything out. If you wont use the leftovers right away, store them in the freezer so they don’t go bad.
- If you do not have enough money for food, check out the local food cupboards. They are very helpful resources.
- Pack affordable lunches for your children to take to school.
- Couple sales with coupons for ultimate savings when buying groceries.
- Learn how to eat healthier for less. Eating healthy foods means less doctor bills later.
- Cook frugal meals. Change recipes to suit your needs. What do you already have on hand? What can you buy that costs less than the required ingredient?
- Cheap roasts, combined with root vegetables, make a great affordable meal that will give leftovers for later use.
- Make homemade sauces when pears, apples or peaches go on sale.
- Grow your own food.
What are your best frugal cooking and food tips? Share them in the comments below, or email me personally at email@example.com. Remember to share this article with others who may find it useful.
These eCookBooks will be helpful: