This recipe calls for the use of leftover baked white and sweet potatoes, as well as a few other ingredients. It’s easy to make, and the other ingredients could also be from leftovers if you had enough available. It is a simple recipe that will not take long to make.
3/4 lb ground beef
1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
1 to 1 1/2 cups peas
2 cold baked sweet potatoes, chopped
1 cup chopped squash
- Melt the fat in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until done, cutting the beef into small pieces as it browns.
- Drain off the access fat, then put the beef back into the pan.
- Add the vegetables and cook until warmed through, stirring as needed.
- Add seasonings. Cook for a minute, then remove from heat.
- There is no need to buy peas if you have other leftover vegetables that can be substituted. Try carrots or celery.
- Use fresh produce whenever possible to save on the food bill.
- Serve with a fruit salad, such as watermelon and cantaloupe balls with mint.
- Or, serve with a side salad of Romaine lettuce, cucumber and tomato.
Do you have a favorite recipe similar to this? Share with us in the comments below, or message me privately at firstname.lastname@example.org.