Previously I posted my Pineapple Kielbasa Soup. It is a tasty recipe that does not require much prep time.
The recipe in this post is almost the same, but I used two different types of sausage: Chicken and Beef. The combination made for a delicious soup this time around as well. I was pleased.
20 ounce can of pineapple chunks, or you could use a fresh pineapple
13-16 ounces of beef sausage, cut into bite size pieces
13-16 ounces of chicken sausage, cut into bite size pieces
water or chicken stock
desired herbs, such as parsley
- Put the pineapples into the slow cooker. If it is canned pineapple, the juice can go in with it.
- Add the sausage and enough water or stock to fill the slow cooker 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or on high 4 hours.
- 10 minutes before serving, and any herbs desired.
- Purchase store brand canned pineapple and corn to save money.
- Use home canned versions to save more.
- Try other types of sausage for something new.
- Serve this soup with a side salad of greens and cherry tomatoes.