I never peel the lemons and limes before placing them in the pitcher, but I have always peeled the orange. I have no idea why, it is just something I have done all along. Today I didn’t peel the orange. I quartered it, and halved two of the quarters. The other two quarters of the orange were used for something else.
With the addition of the orange, the vitamin C levels go up (versus what the Lemon-Lime Water contained.) Vitamins A and B6 are also evident, packing quite the nutritional punch.
1/2 a lime
1/2 an orange
- Rinse the fruit.
- Slice the lemon, and place the slices into the pitcher.
- Do the same with the half of lime.
- Quarter the half of the orange you will be using, and place the quarters in the pitcher with the rest of the fruit.
- Add the water, cover and refrigerate.
- Try piercing the citrus fruit before adding it to the pitcher.
- You can also squeeze 1 slice or section of each a little, letting the juices settle on the bottom of the pitcher before adding water.
- Serve this beverage with breakfast for an added nutrition boost.