These snacks are so easy to make, and are great fun for children to help with. Be sure to do the cutting with the knife yourself, then set them to making the stars while you prepare the cream.
You will need a medium size star cookie cutter, or a set of different size ones. Set the stars out on a platter, or a large sheet of cardboard covered with aluminum foil.
1 medium watermelon (Because the children will want to eat some while helping!)
1 can coconut cream concentrate
1+ tsp pure vanilla
1/2 to 1 pint blueberries
- Rinse the fruit, and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Cut the watermelon into slices thin enough so the cutters will go all the way through.
- Use star-shaped cookie cutters to cut stars from the watermelon slices, and place on a lined platter (or cardboard!).
- Pour the cream into a bowl and add some vanilla. Whisk or beat for a couple of minutes to combine well.
- Spoon a little cream on each star, smoothing it out evenly.
- Top each star with a few blueberries.
- Try doing the same with honey-dew or cantaloupe sometime.
- These make great appetizers, or even snacks.
You may also enjoy these patriotic holiday recipes
Don’t forget the take the kids outside with their own watermelon slices, and have a seed spitting contest!
Happy Fourth of July!