Lemonades are great but, since I made that orange-lemonade I have experimented more. This one does not have as much lemon, but is pleasing just the same.
4 or 5 large strawberries
1/8 to 1/4 cup honey
fresh mint leaves
- Rinse the fruit and mint leaves.
- Dry them with a clean towel.
- Cut the tops off the strawberries, and cut the oranges and lemons in half.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon, pouring it into a pitcher.
- Do the same with 1 1/2 oranges.
- Add 1/8 to 1/4 cup of honey.
- Place the pitcher insert (if you have one) into place.
- Cut the remaining half orange into chunks, and slice the strawberries.
- Remove the mint leaves from the stems, bruising them a little.
- Put the chunks of orange into the insert followed by the mint leaves, then add the strawberry slices.
- Pour water over the fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Fill glasses with ice. Pour the minty strawberry-orange lemonade over the ice.
- Place stainless steel straws into each glass. Add a fresh mint leave, and a slice of lemon.
- Grow your own mint to save money. If you can’t garden outside, do so on a sunny windowsill.
- Try different types of berries for something new.
- Serve with sandwiches for lunch.