I wanted lemonade a couple of weeks back, but did not have enough lemons. So, I made orange-lemonade. It was simple, and the beverage was refreshing. This is what I do: Improvise. Experiment with new things. You might be surprised at what you will enjoy.
2 large oranges
1/8 to 1/4 cup honey
- Wash the fruit. Use a clean towel to dry them.
- Cut the oranges and lemons in half.
- Squeeze as much juice out of each half as possible, into the pitcher.
- Add the honey, then set the insert (if there is one) into the pitcher.
- Cut the lemon peel into chunks and place them in the insert.
- Pour water over the fruit, then cover and refrigerate.
- Try using different types of fruit.
- Did you know you can grow organic Meyer lemon trees in your home?
- Serve over ice on a hot summers’ eve, garnished with fresh mint and a lemon slice.
Enjoy the warm weather!