Fall is in the air! And I’m back at trying new things, as well as sticking with a few old stand-byes. My most recent experiment took place because I had just a couple of carrots, as well as a squash fresh from my parents garden. I topped my butternut squash and carrot mash with some of the chili I made the same day.
2 carrots, cut into rounds
butternut squash, cut into chunks – enough to almost fill a small pot
- Place the carrot rounds into the pot, and top with the squash until the pot is not quite full.
- Add water to barely cover the vegetables.
- Boil until the carrots and squash are tender enough to mash.
- Drain the water off the vegetables, and mash with a fork.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg to the mash if desired.
- Save money by using vegetables from your garden.
- Serve over chili or spaghetti squash.