Have I mentioned that I love to cook? I look forward to having a day off from work because I know I’ll be making good food to have during the busy week ahead. This recipe was made a couple of weeks back, and came out tasting delicious.
The carrots were free, from my parents garden. I rarely eat pork, but decided to that week.
Pork and Vegetables
(Made 5 lunch meals for me)
2 large sweet potatoes
5 or 6 small carrots
1 lb boneless pork chops
water or vegetable stock
- Wash the vegetables; pat them dry with a clean towel.
- Peel the sweet potato and take the end off the carrots.
- Cut the vegetables into bite size pieces, placing the pieces into the crock.
- Place the pork over the vegetables. No need to cut the pork, as it will cook long enough for it to pull apart easily.
- Pour water or vegetable stock over the ingredients, and cook on high 3 to 4 hours or low 6 to 7 hours.
- Try different vegetables, such as Idaho potatoes, carrots, and squash.
- Grow what vegetables you can to save money.
- To save even more, buy meat when there is a sale.
- Serve with a side salad of greens.