I love one-pan meals. Only one pan is dirtied, and all the flavors from the different foods come together for a great-tasting meal. I usually make these during the winter months, but feel free to make them any time. The sheer number of vegetable, protein, and seasoning combinations is remarkable.
These meals are a great way to use up leftovers as well.
Mine is ready when some of the white potatoes are a bit crispy, while others are more on the mushy side. Make yours the way you like.
1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 small white potato
1 small sweet potato
1/4 to 1/2 cup precooked chicken
seasonings to taste: sea salt, pepper, and cilantro
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet.
- Wash the vegetables and pat dry with a towel.
- Chop the white potato, adding it to the pan.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato, adding them to the pan when the white potato chunks are about half done.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until everything is just about done cooking, stirring every so often.
- Add the seasonings to the pan. Cook for another minute and the meal is done.
- Use a variety of different foods, experimenting each time you make this dish.
- Use leftovers from other meals to save money.
- Grow your own herbs to save even more money.
(While this can be served as an all-in-one meal, you can also add other elements.)
- Try serving this with a smoothie for a fruit serving.
- Or with a side salad of greens, sliced cucumber, and grape tomatoes.