My Nan used to make chicken soup however you wanted it. She knew each person liked specific things, and would make the soup to suit us when we were sick. There are so many ways to make chicken soup, anyone can have a version they like.
I like mine made different ways, depending on the day, my mood, and what I have on hand.
If you made the Simple Chicken Soup, use some of the leftovers to make this one.
1 small carrot
6-10 sugar snap peas in pods
- Pour some of the Simple Chicken Soup into a saucepan. Heat on medium.
- Chop a small carrot, and cut the pea pods into halves or thirds.
- Add the vegetables to the pot and cook until food is heated through. (I like my vegetables on the crispier side, so I do not cook this very long.)
- Use vegetables that were not needed from other meals to save money.
- Try different vegetables, according to what you have on hand. This will also save money.
- Serve with a side salad of greens.
- Serve with a side of apple slices.