Earlier, I posted the Chicken and Potato One-Pan Meal. This meal is only slightly different, and maybe even more tasty.
1 – 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 small carrot
1 medium white potato
1 small sweet potato
1/2 to 3/4 cup pre-cooked corned beef
Seasonings to taste: sea salt, pepper, onion powder
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet.
- Wash the vegetables and pat dry with a towel.
- Cut the end off the carrot and discard. Chop the rest of the carrot and place the pieces into the skillet.
- Cut the white potato, skin left on, into small pieces, adding them to the pan.
- Cook at medium-high until the vegetables about half done.
- Peel the sweet potato and chop, putting the pieces into the skillet with the other vegetables.
- Add the corned beef, and cooked until just about done. (I like some of my potatoes to be crispy, while others are still mushy.)
- Sprinkle the seasonings (to taste) over the foods in the pan, and cook another minute or two.
- Turn the stove off, and serve the meal.
- Use leftovers from previous meals to save money.
- Experiment with different vegetable and protein combinations, adjusting the seasonings accordingly.
- Serve with a side of greens topped with chopped fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve at breakfast with a side of greens topped with a sunny side up egg.
- Serve for lunch with raw vegetables.
- Serve at dinner with apple slices sprinkled with organic cinnamon.