There’s nothing quite like Thanksgiving leftovers. How will you use them up this year? By deciding what leftover dishes you want to make now, you’ll know how big a bird to buy.
This soup is easy and affordable to make.
leftover turkey, cut into bite size pieces
leftover green beans
vegetable broth, or turkey broth made from the Thanksgiving turkey
- Place everything in a pot.
- Cook over med-high heat until all is cooked through.
- Use whatever leftover vegetables you have on hand.
- When taking the turkey off the bone, cut a good amount of the leftover turkey into bite-size pieces. Place these in freezer containers by portion sizes, according to the dishes you want to make. Label, and freeze.
- Serve with a harvest salad.