I recently posted about how I’m trying smoothie bowls at breakfast. I’m also trying oatmeal bowls, and they are delicious.
So many foods can be added to a smoothie bowl, that there are plenty of combinations to try. And what better time of year to experiment than during the autumn and winter months. A warm bowl of oatmeal on a cold morning. What could be better?
My first experiment was an easy one.
1 cup of prepared oatmeal (not instant)
a drizzling of maple syrup
- Warm the oatmeal if it is not hot.
- Put oatmeal into a bowl, adding a drizzle of maple syrup and a few dashes of cinnamon.
- Mix it all up.
- Top with cooked sausage and the banana slices.
- Sprinkle more cinnamon over the top of the bananas if you want.
- Make a big batch of oatmeal and store it in the fridge. It is easy to warm in an oven or on the stove top.
- Serve this oatmeal bowl with a cup of almond milk, or a cup of hot chai tea.
Share your oatmeal bowl recipes in the comments, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.