One-pan meals are easy to make, and there are so many food combinations you can try something new each time. You don’t always need a lot of ingredients to make a delicious meal. Whether you want breakfast, lunch, or dinner, a one-pan meal is a good way to go.
I made one of these meals for lunch today, but didn’t have a lot of food on hand to use for ingredients. I came up with this simple, but delicious, combination.
1 Tbsp. organic coconut oil
1 small apple, rinsed, cored and chopped, peel left on
1 small sweet potato, rinsed, ends cut off and chopped, peel left on
1/4 pound ground pork
- Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the apple and sweet potato chunks and stir.
- Section the sausage into small chinks and add to the skillet, stirring again.
- Let cook a minute, then stir. Keep going like this until the sweet potato and apples are fork tender.
- Remove from heat, pour on a plate, and enjoy!
- Use produce from the harvest season to save money.
- Try different meat, vegetable, and fruit combinations.
- Serve with a smoothie for breakfast.
- Serve with as a side with a harvest salad for lunch.
- Serve with a side salad for dinner.
I love this one-pan meal! The apples make it simply amazing.