When my siblings, cousins, and I were young, our Nan had a standard chicken soup she would sometimes make. If one of us was sick and wanted her to make a soup, she would cater it to our particular likes. Did you have someone who would do the same for you?
While chicken soup is good on a cold winter day, it is also satisfying any time you’re not feeling well or when you need comfort food. Homemade is best, especially when made with homemade chicken stock. I do not have measurements for this particular recipe.
Chicken or vegetable stock
Chicken, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
Parsley, chopped fresh
Garlic, chopped fine
- Pour the stock into a pot and add the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the garlic.
- Cook on high until boiling, then lower to medium heat and continue cooking until carrots and potatoes are tender.
- Add the parsley five minutes before done.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chopped celery and onion during step one.
- Add pasta in time for it to cook thoroughly.
- Serve with a Paleo roll bread that has been spread with homemade honey butter.