Now that I’m eating healthier, I’ve let go of the thought that I ever have to have those cold cereals from a box. None of them seem to be truly healthy, or to fit in with the Paleo lifestyle I’m (mostly) trying to emulate. I mainly have smoothies or smoothie bowls these days, with the occasional oatmeal bowl or egg and vegetable meal.
But once in a while I still crave cereal. Not sure why. Not sure if I’ll ever stop completely.
I used to love Cheerios topped with banana. Now I skip the Cheerios, and I’ve switched to almond milk from dairy.
1 small banana, peeled and sliced into rounds
1/4 to 1/2 cup unsweetened original almond milk
- Simply put the banana rounds in a bowl, and add the milk.
- Rarely do I feel the need for a sweetener but, if I do, I’ll drizzle a little raw honey over the top.
- The above is the most frugal banana ‘cereal’ variation. I use store brand milk to save money, and once in a while find a coupon.
- When I have leftovers from other recipes, I’ll add one or more of the following to my ‘cereal’: a sprinkling of berries, dried fruit, unsweetened coconut flakes, and/or crushed almond slivers.
- Serve this ‘cereal’ alongside a Turkey and Squash Scramble. 1 egg, a little turkey, and some previously roasted squash and cooked in a little coconut oil is all you need.
Have a wonderful day!