Winter food is usually heartier food, at least for me, but I’m trying to eat lighter right now. After being sick so much in December and January, I just want to pack in all the nutrients I can. Holiday eating has a way of getting out of control, and my body pays for it in sickness and added weight. Ugh.
The ‘cereals’ I eat are simple, and pack a good nutritional punch in the morning. I don’t, however, eat them every morning, preferring heartier breakfasts with eggs or meat and plenty of vegetables a few times a week. Too much fruit isn’t what I’m going for, preferring more vegetables instead.
1 small banana, peeled and sliced
4 large strawberries, green tops taken off, chopped
1 tbsp almond slices/slivers
1/2 cup almond, milk
- Place the fruit in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the fruit.
- Pour milk over the fruit and almonds.
- Use different types of fruit, such as apples and pears with a few blueberries.
- Serve with homemade vegetable juice.