I’ve decided I love smoothie bowls! And, since I mentioned I’d be sharing more with you, I figure it’s about time I do so. One day I was craving chocolate, but did not want to go to the store for candy or a dessert item (I don’t keep that stuff in the house!). A smoothie would work just fine to satisfy that craving.
(For the smoothie)
1/2 of a banana
1/2 of a Granny Smith apple
6 slices of cucumber
1 tbsp protein powder
chocolate almond milk
(For the smoothie bowl)
1/2 of a Granny smith apple, chopped
1/2 of a banana, sliced
almond slivers or slices
- Put 1/2 each of a banana and a Granny Smith apple into the blender, along with the cucumber and protein powder.
- Add just enough almond milk to make a thick smoothie, less than for a regular one.
- Cover and pulse until well blended.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add sliced banana and chopped apple to the bowl.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the top.
- Use vanilla almond milk instead of chocolate. See which you like better.
- Serve with a vegetable-based juice.