During my healthy eating journey, I’m trying to refrain from saying ‘I’m on a diet’. What I’m really doing is creating a lifestyle change. One that will not only help me to lose weight and be healthier, but will allow me to keep the weight off and stay healthier. Diets don’t do that. Lifestyle changes do. A healthy lifestyle will help me to live life to its fullest.
That’s not to say that sometimes I wont want a treat. For instance, I love pancakes and syrup. I don’t eat them often, but I wanted to find a healthier way to enjoy this breakfast just the same. I use a Paleo pancake recipe, and maple syrup and not the sugary syrups. I also do most of my cooking in coconut oil these days.
Pancakes with Apple-Maple Syrup
- Make the pancakes according to the recipe directions.
- Make the syrup according to the recipe directions.
- Place two pancakes on a plate.
- Top with warm syrup.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and ground cloves over the top.
- Try different pancake and syrup recipes for variety.
- Serve the pancakes and syrup with a smoothie or citrus water.