I don’t eat snacks often but, when I do, I’m trying to make healthy choices. These mixes can be placed in small jars and stored in the pantry, so you can quickly grab one when putting together a meal for work or when you want a snack.
Trail mixes are easy to make, and allow me to use up leftovers from other cooking ventures. The chocolate chips are not Paleo, but they are organic – as are the other ingredients.
( 4 (8 ounce) servings)
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
2/3 cup dried cranberry and blueberry mix
2/3 cup slice almond and dried cranberry mix
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands.
- Divide between four 8 ounce canning jars.
- Cover and place in the pantry.
- Use different types of seeds, nuts, and dried fruit, for variation.
- Serve with a smoothie, or pour over a smoothie bowl, for a full meal at breakfast or lunch.