Since it is the time of the year when we spring clean, I thought it would be nice if we all considered our freezers for a few minutes. Do you have any leftover produce in the freezer? I know that I still have some frozen smoothie packs and berries in the freezer that need to be used. Here are some pointers for using up your winter stores:
* The eggs you purchased on sale and froze will need to be used. Since the yolks had to be broken to freeze, you cannot make boiled or fried eggs with them. You could make other things, though:
- scrambled eggs
- french toast with a hearty paleo bread
- use them when baking
These can be frozen in snack size baggies, then put all the baggies into a quart or gallon size freezer baggie until needed. Freeze them one egg to a snack size baggie, or use bigger bags and freeze more than one in each. Take the eggs out of the night before you need them.
* Use grated zucchini to make:
* Diced apples are great for breads and muffins, brownies, cookies and cakes.
* Sliced apples make great crisps, pies, sauces, and cobblers.
* You can make a great soup from (saved) leftover vegetables, meats, and liquids from cooking the veggies.
* Make smoothies using the smoothie packs you froze during the winter.