I’m getting tired of winter and winter foods, wanting spring to be here in full force. I’ve been eating more salads, Trying new smoothies, and enjoying simple ‘cereals’ and smoothie bowls. And I’m feeling a lot better, both physically and mentally.
The ‘cereals’ I eat are easy to make, and pack a good nutritional punch in the morning. I don’t, however, eat them every morning, preferring heartier breakfasts with eggs or meat and plenty of vegetables a few times a week. Too much fruit isn’t what I’m going for, as one of my goals is to lose weight.
1 small banana, peeled and sliced
1 handful of blueberries, rinsed
2-3 tablespoons of fruit and chocolate trail mix
1/2 cup almond, milk
- Place the fruit in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the trail mix over the fruit.
- Pour milk over the fruit and trail mix.
- Use different types of fruit, such as apples and pears with a few raspberries.
- Serve with homemade vegetable juice and eggs.