I admit it. I love chocolate. I don’t know too many women who don’t. However, I’m trying to eat healthier foods. Traditional chocolate desserts are a no-no, and I comply with that most of the time. When I really want chocolate and am at home, chocolate pudding is a dessert I enjoy. Because there is only one of me, I don’t eat the whole thing, but I do take half and make a smoothie for the next day. Both recipes are below.
Just let me say that I had never had an avocado, so I had no idea what this might taste like starting out. I was pleasantly surprised when I made the pudding and the smoothie. I still have never had just an avocado, but I do know I like it mixed in with other foods.
Avocado is not necessarily cheap, mind you, which means I don’t make this often. One costs me about .98. I can get more kiwi or bananas for the price, which is what I often do with a portion of my fruit money. But for only a once in a while treat, this is perfect.
Chocolate-Banana Pudding with Berries
1 chocolate-banana pudding recipe (I use this Paleo one from Paleotable.com)
2 large strawberries, the green cut off
a few blueberries
- Make the banana pudding recipe according to the directions on Paleotable.com.
- Mix with a blender and taste. If it’s not chocolatey enough for you, and another tablespoon of the cocoa powder.
- Chill for an hour or so, then split half the pudding between two small cups or bowls.
- Top with diced strawberries, and a few blueberries.
- Refrigerate the other half, covered.
1/2 of the chocolate-banana pudding recipe above
1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated over night
a few strawberries, greens cut off
a handful of blueberries
- Place everything into a blender.
- Cover and blend until combined.
- Buy coconut milk on sale, preferably with a coupon, to save a little money.
- Try adding strawberries or other berries to the smoothie.
- Top the pudding with apple slices for dipping.
- Serve the pudding over a Paleo brownie, or with fruit slices for dipping.
- Serve the smoothie for breakfast, with eggs on a bed of spinach.
Have a great day!