In Lettuce Wraps: Keepin’ it Veggie, I mentioned I bought shrimp, and will be posting some recipes that use shrimp scampi as their base. I don’t often by shrimp, so this is a real treat. I get a bag frozen raw, deveined, tail-off, shrimp for $5.00, and it will last through multiple meals. I try to buy the small ones, that come at least 60 (or as many as 80) per bag, and make a half a shrimp scampi recipe, keeping the rest of the shrimp frozen for another batch later on.
I cook the shrimp scampi and use it up over the course of a day-and-a-half, because I am super picky about seafood and freshness. Maybe over-picky, I’m not sure. But I’m okay with it. I just need to eat the shrimp quickly.
Don’t these wraps look delicious? Try them for yourself!
(For two wraps.)
8 shrimp from the shrimp scampi recipe (I use this recipe from Paleoplan.com) (Hot or cold, does not matter.)
2 romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry with a towel
shredded green cabbage
4 cucumber slices
4 zucchini slices
- Place the wraps flat on a plate.
- Sprinkle shredded cabbage over the wraps.
- Cut the cucumber and zucchini slices into fourths.
- Top the cabbage with the cucumber and zucchini.
- Add 4 shrimp to each wrap.
It’s that simple. Give it a try!
- Use different types of leaf lettuce each time you make these.
- Try different types of vegetables, such as broccoli.
- Try other types of seafood.
- Use leftover veggies to lower the cost.
Share your veggie wrap ideas with us.