Salads are common fare during the spring and summer months, as we try to eat lighter after a winter of hearty meals. Experimenting with different combinations of foods keeps our meals new and exciting. I don’t know about you, but I get so bored with food after a while I need to break out and try something different or I wont feel like eating at all.
This recipe is super-easy, and is so good. I use the same recipe for shrimp scampi that I used to make Lettuce Wraps: Shrimp Scampi & Veggies. As a matter-of-fact, I used leftover shrimp from the scampi made for that meal with no loss of flavor.
What a beautiful salad! How about making one for yourself.
about a dozen shrimp from the scampi recipe (I used the one from Paleoplan.com) (Hot or cold. does not matter.)
2 romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed, patted dry, and shredded
a little cabbage, shredded
3 slices cucumber, cut in fourths
3 slices zucchini, cut in fourths
7 or 8 sugar snap or snow pod peas
4 baby carrots, diced
- Layer the vegetables on your plate, however you like.
- Top with the shrimp scampi and a little of the sauce from the pan.
I try to use mainly organic vegetables when possible, though sometimes cost trumps everything.
This is a good-size salad, so I count it as a main meal.
- Use whatever vegetables you can get affordably to save money.
- Try different types of seafood.
- This is a meal in-and-of itself, and will go great with my recent Easy Sun Tea for One recipe.
What are your favorite salad recipes?